Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who would have thought

Who would have thought..............

I would be thanking my Heavenly Father for my daughter having a "Good Tumor".

I would learn what dignity and grace was from an 18 year old girl, who while in a ton of pain still manages to say "Thankyou".

that scraping a foot of snow off of my car to travel would be such an exciting feeling (that was the day I was able to take Kylee home form the hospital).

that I would ever be able to swallow my pride and realize that yes, I do need help from other people, that I am not superwoman.

that I would be able to sleep in a strange waiting room all by myself and actually feel safe.

that I could walk away leaving my daughters life into anothers hands and feel confident and secure that it would be okay.

there was so many bumps and uneven parts in a road (we learned this on our way home from the hospital.)

that I would be terrified to comb my childs hair, in fear of hurting her.

that I would let people in my house when it is as absolute disaster and actually be thankful for thier visits.

that having my 18 year old sleep in until eleven would be a good and happy thing.

that I would climb into the shower to help my daughter, clothes and all and not even care that I was all wet.

that fresh air would ever feel so good.

that I would be so excited to finally get to turn the lights on in my house and open the blinds (it made Kylee's head hurt for a while to do any of that).

that staples in a head would look like a work of art (I know the mans hands who did this and I know he did every little stitch with love and care)

That waking up in my own bed, knowing my family was safe and healing would be such an exciting thing.

That so many people could care about one family, that is one thing I have always felt but wow, all I can say is now I really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment